I recently decided to try Firefox again after this failure from a couple years back at just measly little v16. I’m now on v41 and have largely found many of the same issues, such as the fact that the ugly UI elements are still there. The tab bar is still way too tall… why do they need to be SO big?
Thankfully they also fixed a number of things like:
- Copying text from the web inspector now works exactly as I expect it to
- There’s some great new tools in the web inspector
Unfortunately I couldn’t stick with it yet again. This time it was almost entirely due to the lack of memory of form elements on rich text editors. Here’s what happens:
- I type up a big long message or change to some text in a rich text editor (WYSIWYG style editors)
- I submit and the web application has some issues (like it might have logged me out due to typing too long without web activity)
- I lose all my data. If I go back, it’s all gone.
It’s important to note here that Safari and Chrome both save that data in the exact same scenarios. Firefox doesn’t. That’s supremely frustrating to lose all that work and time.
Bye bye Firefox.